COVID-19 and wider reopening
Latest update – Thursday 14th January 2021
This webpage provides the latest school information in relation to coronavirus (COVID-19). We will continue to update this page as the situation develops and where Government and other relevant professional guidance changes. We would encourage you to check our website regularly for these updates.
The School continues to work hard to achieve the safest possible environment for boys, staff and our wider community. We hope that this will also allow us to maintain the highest possible levels of attendance in school for all boys in all year groups.
National and regional trends are, of course, concerning and we must all be ready in case there is a requirement for groups of boys to self-isolate if we were to experience coronavirus cases in school.
We will continue to update parents but in the meantime you can read below the following documentation:
- Risk Assessment – updated January 2021
- Letter from the Headmaster dated 14th January 2021 – Summer examinations
- Letter from the Headmaster dated 31st December 2020
- NHS Test and Trace – letter to parents and guardians dated 23 September 2020
- Symptom chart – guidance for families with children
- NHS COVID-19 app
- Information for Parents and Boys – September reopening
- Updated guidance on Remote Teaching and Learning
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by telephone on 0191 255 9300 or via any of these e-mail addresses:
Over 97% of boys achieving all 9-4 grades at GCSE*
*based on results from the last three years
We really enjoy the feeling of community. Within a few weeks of starting, our son knew every other boy’s name in all the year groups and the teachers knew him.